Working from home has become the dream of just about everyone I know. However, deciding what kind of work-from-home scenarios you’re suited for may take a bit of research before you commit to giving it a go. You’ll need to put some consideration into what your skills are, where you experience lies, and if you don’t have a lot of capital to invest in getting started with a home-based business, you’ll want to research which kind of jobs are out there that require little to get started with. And, don’t forget you need a job with a future.
If you want some ideas to give you some direction, think about the following options, all of which are some of the top home-based businesses going today.
• Yoga Instructor – Yoga has been a hot topic for years now and shows no signs of slowing down. As people are becoming increasingly health conscious as well as seeking ways to find relaxation in a stress filled world, becoming a personal yoga instructor might just be your ticket out of the office. Of course, you will need to become a certified yoga instructor before you can expect any real success.
• Nanny or At-Home Daycare Centre – You’ll need training and certifications for either of these jobs. However, if you love kids and don’t mind the busy days, this could be your dream job in the making.
• Consulting – Take your expertise and use it your advantage by hiring yourself out for seminars, speaking engagements, and more. Keep in mind, however, a master’s degree combined with intensive work experience is required to be successful in this field.
• Medical Transcriptionist or Medical Coder – In either of these professions, you can get started after completing around a year’s worth of training. You’ll need the equipment and a computer to get started, but this is an area of home-based business that is going to continue to flourish.
• Web Design – The world is going high tech and businesses are catching up with the fact that they must have a stellar website for current and potential clients to visit. However, there are already a lot of web designers out there. If you want to make it, you’ll have to hone your skills to perfection and market yourself aggressively.
• Virtual Assistant – It’s just what it sounds like. You would be providing support services like data entry, record keeping, research, and other clerical duties from home for your client. Having specific skills that are tailored to this type of work will give you a generous leg up on the competition. Having references won’t hurt, either.
• Caterer – This can cover any number of specialty food services. Start your own food truck service, deliver homemade lunches to work sites or those unable to get out on their lunch hour, cater showers, weddings, meetings, and more. If you feel more at home in the kitchen then in an office, this is probably a great fit for you. Just find a niche opportunity and fill it.
• Concierge Service – If you enjoy helping people, have a talent for being extremely organized, and have more than your share of get up and go, providing concierge service might be your perfect fit. Do all the things that others may not want to do or have time to do such as picking up dry cleaning, taking the family dog to the groomer, grocery or clothes shopping for seniors, and more.
These are just a few of the ways you can get out of that boring office setting and into something new and exciting. The key is in knowing who you are, what your skills are, what you’re most interested in, what markets have a need that you can fill, and being able to get yourself out there and working. With a little research into what you need to do, you can be working from home, successfully, in no time.
If none of these ideas float your boat you should download my free business ideas workbook – click here for more info.