By now, we’ve all seen them or at least heard of them. Stories of people making tens of thousands by working at home, often by doing hardly any work at all. Im sure you’ve seen all of those Facebook ads of Entrepreneurs sitting in their Lamborghinis or on a fancy vacation somewhere working from their “office” … it certainly seems like everyone can make an income by working from home.
But if that’s the case, why are so many people still heading to work every day? The answer is obvious – most of those work from home stories are false. If it sounds too good to be true, odds are that it probably is.
However, there are some very real ways to make money from home and with the right tools and steps at your disposal you can find a great opportunity. The key is knowing how to separate the scams from the real opportunities.
Top 5 Things To Watch Out For With Online & Work From Home Scams
- No About Us information on the business website. If you check out the businesses website and there is no information or photos of the businesses team members or the business owner – this is a HUGE red flag. If you cannot find out the business owners name or find out any information on who they are, their business might be scam. Do some searching on social media to find out the business owners info and be wary if they have no social media profile of the business owner, or low social media followers on the businesses social pages.
- The businesses website looks unprofessional. If the website looks dodgy and the business is offering website building services, this should tell you everything.
- Bad reviews online or no reviews. If a company has more negative reviews than positive ones, this business could be a scam. Read the reviews to gauge to see how happy other clients have been with this business, keep in mind not all reviews are real, there are lots of trolls out there to damage peoples reputation, but if there are lots of negative reviews and hardly any positive ones, this business should probably be avoided.
- Business name registered recently or changed frequently, or the business hasn’t been around for long. We hear about this one all the time, there is a business offering similar services to us but its a scam and they take your money and you never hear from them again, we have been told they change their business name and website address every year to two to avoid the bad reviews. Do you due diligence on this one by checking out the ASIC website and looking up company ACNs etc.
- Business uses a bunch of generic logos to try to gain credibility. This is a common one as well, if a business is using other businesses logos on their website for creditability such as Ebay, Amazon or Youtube etc, it probably means they aren’t credible and are trying to use other businesses to warrant their scam.
Also pay attention to the way that businesses are represented. One of the most popular scams right now features things like Google or Yahoo, using them or messages like “As Seen On TV” to lure in victims and make them think they can make money through Google ads or something similar. But instead, they begin to get charged huge fees that are hidden deep within the fine print of their agreement.
And be sure to spend a minute really looking at the promises made by a work from home opportunity. Be honest with yourself – do you really think that any business is really going to pay you thousands of dollars every month just for doing hardly anything at all? I am certainly not saying that these opportunities aren’t out there, personally I have a friend who is making a very healthy six figure income from home with a network marketing business, but it took her 12 months to get to this point and she spends more than 5 hours a week on her business.
If you have doubts about work from home opportunities, spend some time researching the opportunity online. You can find reviews written by those who have worked with the company before, and more just by running a quick online search or check their website for video testimonials from other clients to ensure the business opportunity is legitimate.
There are plenty of amazing options for earning money from home, from freelance work to opening your own online business. Just spend some time making sure you’re using the right kind of business opportunity, and you may be able to find the success you want. Click Start Digital offer some great work from home businesses (ready to go eCommerce stores) visit the Website Businesses For Sale page for more info.