Ever since the rise of the internet, people have been utilising the search engines to find information on businesses. Harnessing those search results for your company is important, and Search Engine Optimisation helps you do just that. However, many people struggle to understand the best path to success with SEO. With the 2015 business year ahead of us, it’s worth making sure you understand a few of the secrets to getting maximum SEO results. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Build a better website. If your website isn’t the most effective or the most helpful, it just won’t stand out. Even if you manage to drive consumers to your site, you still won’t keep them there. Make certain your site is up to par.
- Reassess your keywords. Diversification of keywords is something many overlook, but Google has actually removed exact-match searches. Instead, focus on keyword themes Over half of all Australians spend more than 2 hours searching for information. That’s a lot of keywords. Your selection of keywords will matter.
- Links need to be natural. Don’t just try to make them look natural – actually make them natural. Stay away from thinks like link networks and work on links that build quality content on your site.
- As mentioned above, be sure that you deliver quality content. If the content of your site is lame, your online presence will be as well. Create stellar content, and you’ll get stellar results that extend to SEO.
- Don’t overlook local searches. Studies have found that about 60% of users conduct online searches for local businesses at least 6 times a year. That means that if you’re ignoring targeted, local SEO efforts, you’re missing a huge potential segment of the market.
- Maximise Conversion – Simply put, if you aren’t converting traffic to your site into customers for your business, you need to reconsider what you’re doing. The whole point of getting visitors is to get customers, so think about this as well.