Marketing is one of the fundamentals of success for any business, but small businesses today often feel as though their options are restricted due to budget constraints. The reality is that not all marketing for small businesses requires a ton of money. You just have to get a little creative. With that in mind, let’s look at some of the best ways to think outside the box for small business marketing.
- Make It Personal – Consumers love receiving personalized options when it comes to products. From the Coke bottles with names on them to the ability to order personalized M&M candies, it’s a method that’s worked and one that’s worth applying to your business.
- Say Thanks – Did you know that more than 70% of consumers enjoy feeling appreciated? Sending out a simple email thank you after a purchase is great, but special events catered to customers or coupons mailed to them on their birthday helps add to that personal connection in a big way.
- Get Engaged – Helping your customers feel engaged with your company makes a big impact as well. Photo ops, custom hashtags, and social media engagement help you connect with them and make them feel like they’re part of the company instead of just a number in your bottom line.
- Get Info – Surveying your customers to see what they’re interested in, what they like about your company, and what they don’t like can help give you a clearer idea as to how to focus your marketing efforts. If you need to get serious responses, a raffle prize that only participants in the survey are eligible for can help.
- Loyalty Programs – This can be huge when used right. Loyalty cards that offer discounts on select products, free shipping, or freebies after a certain number of purchases can all help attract repeat customers and build a strong relationship with them.
These are just a few great ways to get the most from your marketing efforts, no matter how big or small your business may be.